KAMPALA (@UG_EDGE) – The Inspector General of Police, Martin Okoth Ochola merged several departments created during the Kale Kayihura era in a move to reorganise the police force.
Notable among them is the Standard Investigations Unit [SIU] which has been merged with the Police Flying Squad Unit.
The directorate of Oil and Gas will be merged with the directorate of Counter Terrorism.
Anti -Stock Theft Unit, Canine, Police Air Wing, Railway Police, Environmental Police, Marine, Agriculture, Mineral and Presidential Protection Group have all reverted to the Directorate of Operations.
Supervision of the Special investigations Unit and Criminal Case File tracking task force and Flying Squad will all be reverted to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations [CID].
The Supervision of Surveillance and Special Operations will revert to Crime Intelligence.
Cyber Crime Unit supervision has been sent to the Directorate of Forensics Services to handle.
1.Deputy Kampala Metropolitan Police Commander, Ezekel Emitu has been sent to Aswa as Regional Police Commander.
2. AIGP Abas Byakagaba has been picked from the IGP’s office where he has been as Director in charge Oil and Gas and sent to Counter Terrorism as Director.
3. John Ndugutse who has been both attaché and Director Counter Terrorism will stay an attaché based in Nairobi.
4. SCP Stephen Tanui has been removed from IGP’s office and sent to the field as Deputy Field Force Unit (FFU) commander.
5. SCP Ali Kaali who has also been under IGP’s office under Oil and Gas Directorate has been appointed Field Force Unit (FFU) commander.
6. Kampala Metropolitan South Regional Police Commander (RPC)-Dennis Namuwoza has been appointed as Deputy Kampala Metropolitan Police Commander (KMP).
7. Anne Tusiime who has been under IGP’s office has been sent to the Directorate of Construction.
8.SCP Kasalawo Christopher has been removed from FFU and appointed deputy director Oil and Gas.
9.SCP Edyegu Richard has been removed from IGP’s office and appointed deputy director I& F
10.SCP Tukahiirwa Henry from IGP’s office to directorate of welfare.
11.CP Bazil Mugisha has been moved from I&F to T&RS as Director
12. CP Halango Timothy from HRM to Strategic Planning
13. CP Opolot Jacob appointed operations officer FFU
14.CP Nuwabiine Lawrence from IGP’S office to Welfare and Production.
15.ACP Esther Akwango from the IGP’s office and has been sent to Women Affairs.
16.ACP Kibwika Sarah has been appointed Ag CP Traffic Operations.
17.ACP Emodingo Anthony appointed Ag CP Traffic Administration.
18.ACP Ecotu Agapitus removed from FFU to CT as Operations Officer Oil& Gas division.
19.SSP Mirondo Fred from ASTU to IGP’s office as personal Assistant(Legal)
20.SSP Kakamba Paul from Kidepo to KMP south as RPC.
21.SSP Onencan Stephen moved from sezibwa to Kidepo as RPC.
22.ASP Kamar Stepehen move from greater Bushenyi to Amuria as OC Station Kapelabyong.
23.ASP Kyahurwa Frank form office of IGP to CIID Head Quarters.
TRANSFER APPOINTMENT GAZETTED 19 MARCH 18